Friday, June 15, 2012

Revival

Revival-noun
restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.
restoration to use, acceptance.
an awakening, in a church or community.


My heart has been heavy lately for my church community. My mind and my lips have been full of prayers. I have been trying to figure what I can do for the Lord to make it better. For reasons unknown to me I have to admit that I have never before this past month prayed for my own pastor. I just have never been convicted to do so. I have begun doing that. I have been praying for him and his family, for my associate pastor and his family and for my whole church family. I feel like we have lost our fire.

We built a new church building about two years ago and when we moved into the building there was this huge flaming inferno throughout our church. We were excited. Our sanctuary was overflowing. People were coming to know the Lord. People were getting baptized. There was such a feeling of community. We were worshiping and you could feel the Spirit moving. 

Now, I sit in church every Sunday and I have to look at my own heart because that passion in the congregation is dying. That raging inferno now just feels like a tiny candle stick. I'm not saying that the Lord isn't working in peoples lives. I know he is. He is moving in that still small voice. But I have been asking myself lately how I can pass on my flame. 

I have this flame that is burning so bright inside of me. I have sooo many vision for our church. I have soo many hopes and dreams for our church to become a COMMUNITY of believers. To call upon one another, to be challenged, to pass the flame to heart to heart and be on fire and excited to be in the presence of the King of Kings. To have a revival. To fill the alter floor on Sunday morning and have the invitation go long because people are calling out and they are being up lifted by their fellow believers. 

A few months ago we had our youth conference and on the last night we were given a very challenging sermon. We were called to break down those walls, to pray for one another, to lift each other up. To lift our church up in prayer. To start a revival of hearts for the Lord. We prayed and prayed and prayed. There were kids and adults on their knees crying out to God and their were peers and mentors right beside them praying with them and just lifting them up. 

IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL. 

I was challenged. I had the opportunity to pray with so many of our students and really just be next to their hearts and lift them up. I want that for our congregation. I want to see the same passion from our young youth kids flow over into the adults. I want to see our church cry out to God and serve him with fervor. I want to be at the foot of the cross praying for people. Uplifting them....helping them find the words to say when they feel like they don't have them. I want to be real with people. I want people to know that I love them. That I love the Lord. That my light is burning soooo bright and I want to share that. I am going to start stepping out of my comfort zone. I want to be the little flame that starts a forest fire. 

I am praying. I am praying that a revival breaks out. That people can share my passion. 

I want to see Jesus moving. I am no longer going to be complacent. I am not going to sit back and let this lukewarm-ness continue. I hope you will join me. Help me. Tell me how to help you, how to pray for you and encourage you. How to help your flame burn bright!!!

"Rise up church with broken wings, fill this place with songs again...of our God who reigns on high, by HIS grace again we'll fly...." -Shout to the North



I love you Lord, 
Stephanie Rachelle

No comments: