Friday, March 18, 2011

Chai Tea, Running and Spring break...

I am alive!!! I promise!!! Everytime I get into a habit of posting on here I think wow I am going to have a little bit more time to write on my blog...then...weeks and weeks go by without me writing. Go figure. My life is busy. Busy you say? How so?  Let's see...I work full time and part time, I run my own jewelry business (woot woot for Premier), I do photo shoots to make extra cash (don't mind the extra HOURS of editing afterwards), church, youth group, driving across Kansas to see family...oh and yes...my FAMILY!!! LIFE IS CRAZY!!! I cannot wait for summertime so that things will slow down. Speaking of summer...did I mention that it's only about two months and two weeks away? Literally about ten weeks. I can smell the sweet sweet freedom that is making its way into my life and CANNOT wait! I truly love summer time! I love having the ability to work over night shifts at my part time job and sleep crazy hours and swim and and and and....did I mention it's only ten weeks away and that is amazing?!

We had a little taste of freedom this past week. It was spring break week. Ahh. It has been somewhat relaxing. Honestly any day I don't have to go to prison work at the school is relaxing. I hadn't realized how stressed I had been until I was away from there for a week. Literally all my sickness of headaches, heartburn, acid reflux...EVERYTHING has been gone this week. Sweet relief! This past week we spent in the bend. It was nice to be away but it's always wonderful to come home! We have been traveling A LOT recently. Last weekend we were in NE for a friends wedding then this past week we were in the Bend then tonight I am leaving for STL. Craziness!!!

March has been my jumping back on the wagon month for serious. Remember last year about this time I was doing so well and lost a little weight? Well I have been trying....however the busy schedule has made it somewhat more difficult. This time I have a lot more motivation though...motivation that hopefully someday will pay off.  I have been running. Yes, folks RUNNING. I know...your astonished. I have NEVER and yes I mean NEVER been a runner or enjoyed running or anything even remotely close to running. BUT...I caved. I forced myself to do it and what do you know it's actually a little addicting and I might actually enjoy it just a little. BUT just a little! ;) I have been getting in about four to five days a week. Only one mile of walking and one mile of running...but it's a start! I'm proud of myself. My friend Dana inspired me. She is beautiful and amazing and I hope I can be as cool as her someday!

Chai tea. How do YOU pronounce it? Is it Ch-eye or Ch-ee or something else? Anywhozle...I love it. It's really not that bad for you either! I introduced my Mother in law to it this past week...I think she is hooked. My sister in law and I are kind of addicted and now that we know the best brand to buy we make it at home for pennies! I also introduced it to my good friend Kristin and her beau Charles (who happens to be my hubbys best friend and we are hoping they wed someday). They all love it and I was pretty proud of my amazing mad cooking skills shinning through once again! If only I could learn to cook amazing healthy things...sigh.

All around things are going okay. Princess LJ has started walking/running and it's beautiful!!! She had an awesome one year bday party and I just can't believe how fast time is going by! She had her one year checkup and she scored 99%! If only she would start talking! I can't wait to be able to have conversations with the beautiful little girl! I love her a ton and can't imagine not being such a big part of her life. It really is an honor to not only be her favorite auntie but also her godmother!

Today I leave you with a song...a great song that helps me keep my chin up! Enjoy! God Bless!!! I love you all!!!
~Stephanie Rachelle

1 comment:

Mandy said...

John and I have been making only things that swim or fly aka turkey, chicken, haven't gotten into fish really but we have this AMAZING cook book with TONS of ideas ~ I've lost 12lbs and still going, you can borrow it sometime if you want. I have been thinking about running too, idk though I don't have anyone to do it with. I'm praying for you on your adventure!