Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day, Shopping and rain

Happy Labor Day. Honestly i'm not really sure why we have labor day....so if anyone knows the true meaning other than a day off work please feel free to enlighten me. SINCE it was Labor Day and I did have a day off as well as my sister in law and my little sis the three of us and little LJ did some great bargain shopping this morning. Yes, I worked until about 12:30 this morning and didn't get to bed until around 1:30 and yes, the sales did start at seven and we were out of the house around eight. BUT it was totally worth it! There is this great store somewhat near us called Savers. It's a thrift store. However, their prices are amazing, it's cleaned and unbelievably organized! (OH and they have my sizes most of the time!) So in honor of Labor Day today they were having a 50% off sale. Meaning all the fabulous clothes they have that are already fabulously priced became even more fabulous because they were half off!!! WAHOO!!! I made out with a skirt, four shirts, a pair of pants for little brother and two pairs for the hubby! Good shopping! And typically I hate shopping....but like I said, can't pass up a good bargain!

Unexpectedly it rained tonight. Not just any rain but a big ol' gully washer! I was impressed! No wonder my legs hurt so bad today! Or it could be because I played DDR yesterday with the sisters and it had been a while.

Speaking of working out....yes I did today! AND I ate all good for me foods today! We bought the WII fit plus game last night!!! I AM IN LOVE! :) Although I have to say...the bike riding on the island....no bueno! WOWZERS!!! That's a workout!!!

I also read my bible today. Thank ya Jesus! I am reading in Samuel. Was reading about Hannah this morning and her amazing faithfulness to God. WOW! What a story!

Ever have days when you feel like the world is upside down and gravity is not really working in your favor? Nothing is falling into place and you fear to take a mis-step? That's a good figurative description of today. I just feel out of control and I am really needing to lean on the Lord for HIS guidance. I am unworthy and I need Him to mold me into what and who he wants me to be.

I love you Lord.

~Stephanie Rachelle

No comments: