Sunday, September 5, 2010

EBC, Reeces cake and a camp fire!

EBC...Eudora Baptist Church. The way God has blessed us since we started going to EBC is innumerable. We have gained many amazing friendships and grown so much as people. This morning I had the opportunity to worship with all of my family there and a good friend from high school. My family had been there before. That was nice. But the biggest blessing this morning was having my friend from hs come. I had been praying for him to come for a loooooooong time. I really hope he was blessed this morning. I know God is big enough to knock down walls and penetrate hearts. He certainly doesn't need my help...I've done my part in getting him there now I just need to pray.

And be faithful.

As I previously mentioned Friday was Jennifers 18th birthday. So we celebrated today with the whole family. That is why they came down for church at EBC. Then we all went to lunch at Applebees because she wanted some honey bbq. YUM! Then I made a fabulous Reeses cheesecake with Reeses pieces candy and Reeses peanut butter cups. Can you guess her favorite candy? She loved it! Which is good because as of tonight I will not be partaking in anymore sweets for awhile. Remember I am going back to eating better. No more sweets or junk food for me! I know I can doooo it! :D

I read a great quote yesterday on someones facebook that said, "I know my body is a temple but I'm getting to the age where it's more like a building that's constantly under construction..." HAHAHA love it!

As ya'll know our recent house purchase came complete with an amazing wooded backyard AND a firepit area. It's beautiful. Tonight was the first lighting of the fire. It was fabulous. AND relaxing. Then I had to go to work. What a downer. Oh well at least they were putting the flames out as I was leaving. They can't be having too much fun without me. ;)

God is trying to teach me to be more committed to Him. I confess that I have not kept my camp committment with reading my bible daily. I am going to try to do better this next week. Feel free to hold me accountable. I want to be faithful. I want to be His servant. We sang this song at church this morning and as soon as we started singing the course my eyes started leaking....God is moving in my life and heart....His grace still amazes me!!!!

"Your Grace Still Amazes Me" By: Phillips Craig and Dean
My faithful Father, Enduring Friend


Your tender mercy is like a river with no end

it overwhelms me covers my sin

each time i come into Your presence I stand in wonder once again



(chorus)

Your grace still amazes me

Your love is still a mystery

each day i fall on my knees

'cause Your grace still amazes me

Your grace still amazes me



Oh patient Savior, You make me whole

You are the author and the healer of my soul

what can i give You Lord what can i say

i know there's no way to repay You only to offer You my praise



(chorus)

Your grace still amazes me

Your love is still a mystery

each day i fall on my knees

cause Your grace still amazes me

Your grace still amazes me



It's deeper, It's wider, It's stronger, It's higher

It's deeper, It's wider, It's stronger, It's higher

than anything my eyes can see



Your grace still amazes me

Your love is still a mystery

each day i fall on my kness

cause Your grace still amazes me

Your grace still amazes me
 
 
 
God is sooo good and I do not deserve His grace. Thank you Jesus!
~Stephanie Rachelle

No comments: