Thursday, September 9, 2010

First day at work, rain and sweat pants...

I have to admit I was actually nervous for the first day of work today. For those of you who know me really well you also know that me being nervous is very uncharacteristic. I had been told that this student was super low language and I would be having a working lunch with them etc etc etc...I was having flashbacks to when I worked in Wichita in a Kindergarten classroom and had a little heathen (who I love a ton) who was sooo horrible and would kick me, bite me, pull my hair the whole gammot. So I was nervous. I prayed a lot. I asked you all to pray and I have faith that you did. In fact I know you did because today went as smooth as butter. The student is pretty nice (not heathen like at all :) ) and I think things will actually go pretty smoothly! AND several teachers that I am working with are very outspoken about their faith and to that I say PRAISE JESUS!!! I was sitting alone eating lunch and not even one person in the room said a thing to me and I just said a quick prayer asking God to make this a good situation and show me that I can fit in at this new school. In the next class I had the teacher boldly told me they were a Christian. Then when I went to History class the teacher introduced himself and the fact that he is in charge of FCA and I am invited and he even involved Jesus in the History lesson!!! **GASP** THEN I was at football practice and was chatting with one of the coaches and he is a huge KLOVE fan and explained to me about his beliefs in strong Christian character and witness!!!

THANK YA JESUS!!!!

You are soooo good to me!!!

It's been drizzly all day today. I actually kind of love it. I am sitting here on my fabulously comfortable couch in my sweats and a long sleeve tshirt. Some of the most comfy clothes ever!!! I am loving it!!! As soon as I'm done typing this I am going to open the windows in here....fall is coming!!!!

Thank you Lord for a good first day. I can only pray it will continue and you will cover this whole situation in blessings for me. I love you Lord and cannot thank you enough for your provisions.

You are an awesome God.

All my love,
Stephanie Rachelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so AWESOME! I was blessed by your blog :) - jeff